There are many advantages to selling your home during the summer. People tend to have more free time, the weather lends itself to people going out, and you can truly show off your home’s curb appeal.
One of the main disadvantages of selling your home during the summer is that your children are home. It’s near to impossible to have a proper showing of your home with your kids running around the house! Potential home buyers need to be able to walk around the house and picture what they would do with it and how they would live in it.
Here is a list of some cheap and affordable ideas regarding what you can do with your children around Houston to get them out of the house during the day! Trust us, you will be thanking us when your home gets sold fast and you don’t have to keep worrying about your kids ruining a potential buyers experience.
- Children’s Museum of Houston – FREE Thursday 5 PM – 8 PM
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – FREE Thursdays 3 PM – 6 PM
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – FREE Thursday 10 AM – 9 PM
- The John C. Freeman Weather Museum — FREE Thursday 12 PM – 4 PM
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum — FREE Thursday 1 PM – 5 PM
- John C. Freeman Weather Museum — Thursday 12 PM – 4 PM
- Kayak Boat Ride at Discovery Green – $5 Saturdays – Sundays 11 AM – 4 PM
- Studio Movie Grill’s Children’s Summer Series – $2 Starting at 11 AM
- Story Time, Pottery Barn Kids – FREE Tuesdays 11 AM – 12 PM
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston Free Story Time Tour – FREE Wednesdays 10 AM – 11:30 AM
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do around Houston to entertain your kids, save some money and be able to show your home! To get more ideas go to houstononthecheap.com!