Looking for some easy DIY projects for your house?
Going through a home renovation is actually the worst…
If it’s time for a fresh start, get cash fast, sell “as-is” to Big State Home Buyers, and DIY your new house’s inviting blank slate!
4. Dress up your windows with crown molding.
6. Add cheap framed mirrors to closet doors, painted to match.
Your selfie game just got way stronger.
Or add unframed mirrors to bifold closet doors.
9. For when you need a little privacy, frost your windows with cornstarch.
This is witchcraft. Directions here.
10. Use simple brass hardware as curtain tie-backs.
11. Hang curtains closer to the ceiling to give the illusion of bigger windows.
14. Or use beadboard wallpaper for a more farmhouse look.
Get the directions here.
15. Add molding + shelving to the top of your kitchen cabinets.
The extra storage is an awesome bonus, but it also adds an extra level of polish to your kitchen. Directions here.
16. Double up on your shower curtains so they partinstead of slide.
Make every morning your own person debut into the world.
17. Bookend your closet rods with fancy shelf brackets.
If you have an exposed rack, it really frames it in a nice way.
18. Mix and match your sheer curtains.
It’ll look especially dreamy in a teenage girl’s bedroom.
19. Get the right-size rugs and know how to place them.
20. Frame your flat screen with molding trim.
23. Just a coat of spray paint will make old air vents look new again.
Once you try this DIY, you will want to spray-paint everything.
27. Half-painted walls give the illusion of a taller ceiling.
Especially if you don’t have any crown molding.
30. Use a curved shower curtain rod to make a window look bigger.
It’s called balloon drapery and it will make any living room look just GRAND.
32. Liquid stainless-steel paint exists, y’all.
Rejoice! New appliances these days are basically highway robbery. Get the directions here.
33. Paint faux windows on your garage door.
34. Swap your outlet covers with jumbo outlet covers.
And avoid that weird messy gap.
35. Un-stain and restain your furniture.
Trends change, and sometimes that orangey cherry stain isn’t really the look you’re going for anymore. Getting the stain off a piece of furniture is surprisingly easy. Get the directions here.
37. Cover your unsightly cords with suede cording you can buy at any craft store.
See how they did this here.
40. Use picture frames as wainscoting.
And the Victorian transformation is now complete. Get the tutorial here.