Are you preparing your house for selling? Once you’ve made the decision to sell your house, there are several ways to prepare. The steps below help ensure you have a quick. Some of the steps below take time and money for upgrades and repairs. However, make sure you complete these steps if you need the smoothest possible sale for your house in today’s market.
Make Sure the House is Detailed
Once you choose a real estate agent or decide on selling the house on yourself, prioritize making the house presentable.
Selling a house through traditional methods usually involves listing it on the multiple listing service (MLS) Since most agents refer to the MLS when buying and selling houses for clients, your listing should look as good as possible.
If you list your house on the MLS without a house in its best condition, you risk potential buyers losing interest. Here are three things you should do to ensure the house is detailed and looking as good as possible before you list the house for sale.
- Make a complete list of repair items for your home. Although this is time consuming, it is very important to walk through every part of your house, inside and out and determine what needs to be fixed to look as good as new.
- Plan a budget for repairs. After you’ve made the list, you need to then make a budget on how much these repairs will cost you or how much it will cost to hire a professional contractor if needed. Again, nobody wants to buy a damaged house, so this step is very important.
- Make sure to check off each repair as it is completed.
Make Plans for Moving Out and Retaining New Property
If you’re selling your home, you’ll need to find a place to live assuming you find a buyer. And whether this will be moving in to a relative’s property, renting a new property or buying a new house, this is important to plan to ensure the moving process is smooth and with as little stress as possible.
Here are a few things you’ll need to consider when you’re making plans to sell your home in regards to moving.
- Where are you going to live? If you’re moving for work, or to another town, you’ll need to plan a visit to this town to find a property that works well for you and fits in your budget.
- How are you going to move? Once you’ve found a property, you then need to plan how you will move your possessions into your new home and time this move perfectly with the sale of your current home. You should contact moving companies and truck rental companies to determine which option is the most convenient and affordable for your option.
- Check with Schools or Children’s needs. If you have children, this can compound the issue of moving. If you’re moving out of the neighborhood, you’ll most likely need to enroll them in a new school district. And often each district has different enrollment requirements that you’ll need to check on prior to the move.
As you can see, there are quite a few things you need to do to sell your home through traditional methods.
However, it is always a great idea to consider all your options prior to making the decision to sell any property and find a solution that is easy, affordable, without stress and will provide you with the maximum return on your investment.